After admission to the Colorado Bar in May of 1990, Mr. York became associated with Pryor, Carney & Johnson, P.C. where his practice involved complex commercial litigation and insurance defense work. In August of 1995, Mr. York became a principal
with Dworkin, Chambers, Williams, York, Benson & Evans, P.C. where he continues to emphasize in all aspects of subrogation. Mr. York‘s insurance practice also includes insurance fraud, bad faith, audit and retrospective premium litigation,
as well as premises and automobile liability defense. Mr. York has earned the highest possible peer review, AV, from Martindale Hubble and has instructed attorneys on the Federal and Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure. Mr. York has lectured on
wide ranging topics involving Subrogation in Colorado as well as detection of insurance premium fraud and retrospective premium liability in Colorado. Mr. York enjoys spending time with his family and large extended family and enjoys outdoor
activities including biking and running. Mr. York is also an avid water skier and self-proclaimed “gearhead”. Mr. York is the 2016-2017 President of Colorado’s Catholic Lawyers Guild.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Mechanics Lien Actions
- Employment Discrimination Actions under Title VII, ERISA, ADEA and ADA
- Insurance Fraud
- Bad Faith
- Audit and Retrospective Premium Litigation
- Professional and Automobile Liability Defense
- Insurance Coverage & Defense
- All aspects of Subrogation
- Liability Defense
- Motorsports Litigation
- Colorado, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1999
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Benedictine College Atchison, KS.
- Co-authored, Denver Bar Association CLE accredited material on such employment-related topics as the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, and the Colorado Civil Rights Act
- Authored guidelines and instructed attorneys on the Federal and Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure
- Lecturer, detection of insurance premium fraud and retrospective premium liability
- Lecturer, all aspects of Colorado subrogation as well as detection of insurance premium fraud and retrospective premium liability.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Associations.
- Denver Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Pryor, Carney & Johnson, P.C.