David J. Dworkin is a founding member of Dworkin, Chambers, Williams, York, Benson & Evans P.C. He attended the University of Colorado School of Law where he served as Law School Vice President. After graduating in 1985 he served
as a judicial clerk to the Honorable William F. Dressel. Since 1986, Mr. Dworkin primarily represents insurance companies, third party adjusting agencies, and self-insured employers in workers' compensation and insurance defense matters.
He practices statewide and has argued cases before the Colorado Supreme Court and Colorado Court of Appeals. Mr. Dworkin lectures on issues of workers’ compensation to employer groups and to attorneys at continuing legal education courses.
Mr. Dworkin has the highest possible peer review rating, AV, in Martindale Hubble, was selected as a "Super Lawyer", and was selected as a 5280 Magazine "Top Lawyer". Mr. Dworkin enjoys spending time with his family and he enjoys
outdoor activities including biking, camping, and skiing. In 2014 he rode his bicycle over 4,400 miles across America from Bar Harbor, Maine to Anacortes, Washington.
- International, National and Overseas Committee of Jewish Colorado formerly known as Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado, Board Member, 2010 - 2012
- JRC Committee of Jewish Colorado formerly known as Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado, Board Member, 2006 - 2010
- Co-Chair Planning & Allocations committee Jewish Colorado formerly known as Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado, 2007 - 2009
Areas of Practice
- Colorado, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1985
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado - J.D.
- Colorado State University, Ft. Collins - B.S.
- Colorado County Pool (CTSI)
- City of Boulder
- Freeport McMoran
- Gallagher Bassett Services
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services
- GAB Robins
- Review of Offsets in Workers’ Compensation Cases, CLE in Colorado
- Workers’ Comp Hearings: Techniques And Strategies, National Business Institute
- Presenter: Workers' Compensation Update 1994: "Surprising Ways Employers Can Be Liable For Injuries", Council on Education in Management seminar May 27, 1994.
- Presenter: Workers' Compensation Update 1994: "Workers' Compensation Claims: Precautions To Take To Avoid Being Defrauded", Council on Education in Management seminar November 18, 1994.
- Presenter: Workers' Compensation Update 1995, 1996: "The Alternative Work Force - Hidden Workers' Compensation Exposure", Council on Education in Management seminar
- Presenter: Workers' Compensation Update 1997: "Reducing Your Workers' Compensation Exposure by `Getting Tough' in Your Claims Response", Council on Education in Management seminar September 16, 1997, December 4, 1997
- Presenter: Colorado Self Insured Association: "Medical Treatment Guidelines", March 10, 1998
- Presenter: Workers' Compensation Update 1998: "Claims Based Upon Stress and Mental Disabilities", Council on Education in Management seminar April 29, 1998
- Presenter: Workers' Compensation Update 1998: "Todays Work Force and Your Comp Exposure - Avoiding Unforeseen Liability When Employing Contingent Workers", Council on Education in Management seminar September 15, 1998
- 1996 - 1998: Guest lecturer for Center for Workers' Compensation Training
- Presenter: Workers’ Compensation Hearings: Techniques And Strategies For Success, National Business Institute continuing legal education seminar April 10, 2006
- Presenter: Review of Offsets in Workers’ Compensation Cases, 2009 Annual Spring Workers’ Compensation Update – March 13, 2009
- 1993 - 20010: Client seminars on various topics
Honors and Awards
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubble
- Super Lawyer
- 2015, 2016, 2017: 5280 Magazine “Top Lawyer”
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Lavinder, Jolliffe, Chambers & Harris, P.C., Associate, 1990 - 1992
- Zuckerman & Kleinman, P.C., Associate, 1986 - 1990
- Larimer District Court, Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable William F. Dressel, 1985 - 1986
- United States Attorney's Office, Denver, Colorado, Law Clerk, 1984 - 1985
Pro Bono Activities
- Co-authored The Merchants of Upsville vs. Shelly Shout, (The Girl Who Cried Wolf), an elementary school educational video and teacher's guide poduced by the Denver Bar Assoc.